Thursday 17 May 2012

TABLETS TESTS


TABLETS TESTS

QUALITY CONTROL TESTS FOR TABLETS AND CAPSULES:

Official and unofficial tests:
Official Tests:
      Weight variation, disintegration, dissolution, drug content.
Non-Official Tests:
      @@@@ Hardness, @@@@friability.
Factors Affecting the Hardness:
Compression of the tablet and compressive force.
Amount of binder. (More binder à more hardness)
Method of granulation in preparing the tablet (wet method gives more hardness than direct method, Slugging method gives the best hardness).
Limits:
  @@@ 5 kilograms minimum and @@8 kilograms maximum.

Friability:
 Procedure:
1. Weigh 20 tab altogether = W1

2. Put these tablets in the friabilator and adjust the instrument at 100 rpm (i.e. = 25 rpm for 4 min)

3. Weigh the 20 tablets (only the intact ones) = W2

4. Friability (% loss) =It must be less than or equal to @@1% but if more we do not reject the tablets as this test is non-official.
Perform this test using 20 tablets that were used first in the weight variation test.

Liquids used in disintegration Water, simulated gastric fluid (PH = 1.2 HCl), or Simulated intestinal fluid (PH = 7.5, KH2PO4 (phosphate buffer) + pencreatin enzyme +NaOH).
Weight Variation (uniformity of weight) of tablets:
1.Weigh 20 tablet selected at random, each one individually . X1, X2, X3… Xz
2.Determine the average weight. X= (X1+X2 +X3+…+ Xz)/20
Limits according to U.S.P
Weight of tablet 130 mg or less then %error =@@ ±10%
Weight of tablet 130-324 mg then %error =@@ ±7.5%
Weight of tablet 324 mg or more then %error = @@±5%

5 comments:

  1. Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often
    Erectz enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!
    Male enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire what you have done here. I love the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that is working for you as well. Do you have any more info on this?
    Best male enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaver says I also have such interest, you can read my profile here: tablet

    ReplyDelete